Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Friday, July 10, 2009

Publishing for Gabriella's Birth Father

As you may recall, for Gabriella's readoption here in Massachusetts, I had to publish an ad in a Guatemala newspaper once a week for three consecutive weeks before July 27th. Today the final ad of the three ads ran in Guatemala. Very special thank you to my friend Geovani from Guatemala who handled everything for me including translating the citation, getting quotes, placing the ad, and purchasing the three newspapers for the court records. I wouldn't have been able to accomplish this so easily and so quickly without him.

The ad seeks "any unnamed or unknown parent and persons interested in a petition for the adoption of said child and to the Department of Children and Families of said Commonwealth" and if they "desire to object" they "must file a written appearance at (court) on or before (time) on (date in September).

So now we have to wait until September so that we can proceed with the readoption; complete silliness, but necessary for us to move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment