Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Sunday, July 19, 2009

I Survived, She's Home...

...and I am wishing I made better use of my time while she was away with less fretting! When she arrived home this afternoon I got a great big hug, a kiss, and a heart-warming smile! I asked her how her weekend was and if she had fun with Grammy and Grampy. I asked if she had fun and she nodded yes, I asked if she went to the candy store and she nodded yes, I asked if she went to the beach and she said yes, and I asked if she was a good girl and she nodded yes. Then, in toddler-speak, she said, "I was good girl, car." I think that meant she went out in the car and she was a good girl while she was out. When I was putting her down for her nap she asked to call Grammy. Of course, she asked in a way that only I could understand! When she got on the phone with Grammy she asked to go in the car again! It was very cute! My mother told me today (she was very wise to wait until today to tell me and to not tell me last night!) that Gabriella went to sleep late last night. She kept going to the front door and saying "Walk." My mom seemed to think that she was missing us, was ready to come home, but didn't know how to express it. It is good to be together tonight. I think she wore my parents out, but I know they all had a fun time.

No comments:

Post a Comment