Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Saturday, July 11, 2009

Gabriella's New Toddler Bed

From the night Gabriella got home almost a year ago, on September 5th, she had slept a grand total of maybe five hours in her crib, and that is being generous! Ken took down her crib this morning and set up her new toddler bed. When Ken was done putting the bed together, Gabriella excitedly climbed in, covered herself with her Dora blanket, lay on her Dora pillow, and said, "night night!" The funniest thing about it was that the bed was in the kitchen at that point! I had instant visions of a nice night sleep without toddler feet pushed in my stomach or on my face!

When we put the toddler bed in her room we also hung this new sign! It certainly is the truth and will be wonderful reminder for her to sleep under every night!:
At bedtime, Gabriella proudly climbed into the bed!:
Then she decided she needed Elmo in the bed with her. After Elmo, she wanted Dora and Diego and, of course, they couldn't go to sleep without a little milk!
And then she was sound asleep!:

She has been sleeping for about an hour and I am hoping she makes it the full night. I must say, though, that as much as I know this is the most ideal sleeping situation for everybody, it does make me a little sad and I do miss snuggling with her in the bed. Hopefully everybody will have a great night sleep and I will cuddle with her in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment