Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Sunday, July 12, 2009

Papa's Birthday Party and Day in Boston

Today we celebrated my grandfather's, Gabriella's great-grandfather's, 88th birthday. We celebrated at Maggiano's Restaurant in Boston. Papa is a wonderful grandfather and has always been like a second father to me. We love him so much and were happy to share this birthday celebration with him.

Before leaving the house, Gabriella was sure to grab her fabulous, red sequinsed purse! She is such a girly girl, but she still needs a couple lessons in color coordination! The family:
Gabriella and cousin Isabella:
Giving kisses!:
Gabriella adores her family and loves to be with everybody, so she was a tad bit wild at the restaurant because she was so excited!:
I LOVE how she sets her purse on her arm when she is walking!:
Happy Birthday Papa!:
Gabriella and "Tita":
Gabriella and Aunt Gira:
We love you, Papa!:
Since we were so close to Boston's Public Garden we decided to take Gabriella for a ride on the Swan Boats. Also, so far this summer, Massachusetts has had such terrible weather, so we wanted to take advantage of being outside on such a beautiful day.
Even though we both grew up just south of Boston, this was actually my and Ken's first time on the Swan Boats.
Gabriella was rather sleepy since she had missed her nap, but she did enjoy watching the ducks, swans, birds, and other sights while riding a Swan Boat. Mommy enjoyed seeing all of the brides! This area is a popular area to take wedding photos, so we saw several brides and grooms. It was such a beautiful day for a wedding.
The tall ships were also in Boston and today was the last day they would be docked there, so we decided to stop and see them as well.
One of my favorite things whenever the tall ships come to Boston is all of the handsome sailors from all over the world who grace us with the beauty of their presence! Prior to boarding the ship from Uruguay I took a picture of Gabriella and this cute Uruguayan sailor. I had not realized how she was looking at him until after I was reviewing the pictures! When I saw it I cracked up laughing. This is my FAVORITE photo of the day. The "look" she is giving him is priceless! I would love to know what she was thinking. It is potentially a look of disdain and I hope that she will feel this same way about cute Uruguayan sailors in about twelve years from now!

It was a nice day and it was fun to be tourists in our own state! We did not arrive home until after 8:30 PM, so it was a very long, tiring day for us! Gabriella fell asleep in her new bed and is currently sleeping there as I write this blog post. I have to say, I feel kind of sad with her there, almost like she is too far away, but it is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment