Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Thursday, July 16, 2009

2nd Swim Lesson and Visit to the Children's Museum

Today was Gabriella's second swim lesson. It was actually supposed to be her fourth, but we were away for one and had bad weather for another. We are taking these lessons with the hopes that Gabriella will get used to the water since she hates it. She had a very rough time for her first lesson as we had expected. This lesson, however, was GREAT! Gabriella did fabulous! Prior to starting the lesson, I let her go in and out of the wade pool at her leisure. I think this warmed her up to the water. When we went in the "big pool," she didn't fuss or cry to get out. She let me hold her under her armpits and she tried kicking and she sat on the wall and let me help her "jump in" while I held her! All this, AND she did it all willingly and enjoyably! I didn't push her to do anything that she didn't want to do, I am just letting her go at her own pace and she did wonderfully! I was so proud of her and I could tell that she was proud of herself!

After swim lessons we went to the Children's Museum in Easton with Aunt Kathy and Ava and had another great day with great company!
We at lunch outside on the picnic table. Gabriella was saving some of her lunch in her mouth while she was playing!:
The girls made "music makers":
We watched the "Hip Hop Mamas" and then the girls danced with them! When the show started, Ava loudly announced, "This isn't dancing!" It was very funny!:
Face painting"
Gabriella loved these work gloves. She thought she was so funny when she put them on!:
Playing dress-up. Gabriella carried these binoculars everywhere for quite a while. I think she might have been pretending it was a purse and kept them on her shoulder!:
This was one of Gabriella's tantrums for the day! Luckily her tantrums only involve her throwing herself on the floor and there is no yelling or crying included! She doesn't do well without a nap!:
The girls also enjoyed a puppet show:
Waiting to play outside:
Butterfly Gabriella...:
...and Butterfly Ava:
Dancing in the Gazebo!:
Gabriella was so active and busy exploring throughout the day. Her little (or BIG!) personality is blossoming. It is so much observing her in action and I often find myself laughing out loud while watching her. While we were at the Museum I kept thinking back to our first trip to this Museum in November for cousin Isabella's birthday party which was almost three months after Gabriella came home from Guatemala. I kept thinking about how much Gabriella has changed and grown since then. She had not been walking or talking or as curious or independent at that time. She has come so far and it was an quite amazing comparison and made me so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment