Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Saturday, July 18, 2009

Missing Her

Gabriella is spending the evening with my parents, Grammy and Grampy, this evening at their Cape house. She is only about 45 miles from me, but it feels like she is all the way on the other side of the country. Gabriella spent one other night with Grammy and Grampy but they were at their home in Raynham, which is only about a five minute drive from my home. Tonight's sleepover is the furthest she has been away from me overnight in five months. Prior to getting laid off from my job, I had to travel a bit for work and it killed me to leave Gabriella. I was away for a two-night business trip to New Jersey in November or December and a two night business trip to Wisconsin in January. This is the one and only thing that I was thankful for in losing my job; I don't have to leave her anymore. We were also apart during the week in February while I was in the hospital. I spent each day longing to see her and couldn't wait for Ken or my parents to bring her in for a visit.

Ken and I are enjoying our evening but our minds and conversations keep drifting to her. We spoke to her a couple of times and she sounds like she is having a great time with her grandparents and she is certainly keeping them busy! She melted my heart when she said, "Hi, Mama" very loudly on the phone. It is a wonderful bonding experience for her and my parents, but I am glad it is only for one night!

No comments:

Post a Comment