Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Start of Gabriella's Birthday Week

Tomorrow begins Gabriella's birthday week. Her birthday is on Tuesday, August 4th, but the festivities begin tomorrow. Tomorrow Gabriella is having a birthday party at school. Her school party will be an Elmo theme. This is the cake that I made for her school party. I also ordered a cake from a bakery because I didn't have faith in my cake baking and decorating skills, so I wanted to be on the safe side. The Elmo cake that I made didn't come out too bad, though, especially since it was the first cake I've ever made!:Tuesday is her actual birthday and she will be spending it with me, Ken, and other family. I made this Princess cake for Tuesday's family party. Actually, the Princess looks more like a Hula Dancer with a straw skirt, but again, not too bad for the second cake I've ever made!:Saturday is her big birthday party for her friends and family. That party will be a Princess and Pirate theme.

I keep recalling how I was feeling last year at this time when her foster family was planning her first birthday party. I had expected that she would have been home by her first birthday party and I was so sad that I was not with her for her first birthday. I may be going a bit overboard in celebrating her second birthday, but I don't care! I missed her first birthday and am so excited to have her home with us for this birthday. Stay tuned for lots more photos from the week of celebrations...!

No comments:

Post a Comment