Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Friday, August 28, 2009

"Mama. Hi Baby."

Gabriella went to sleep extraordinarily early yesterday because she was exhausted from her playdate with Ava and had not had a nap. She woke up around 4:00 AM and was WIDE awake. She wanted milk and wanted to watch an Elmo DVD. I was hoping that she would fall back to sleep and she did, in fact, try. Gabriella sometimes likes to snuggle with me and for me to cuddle her when she is trying to get to sleep. So I asked her if she wanted to snuggle and she said yes and crawled up close to my body. She was in the fetal position facing me and I was holding her tight to me. When she cuddles with me like this I always say a silent prayer thanking God for this amazing blessing. She melts my heart. So, after a little bit, Gabriella thought I was asleep and whispered, "Mama. Hi, Baby." She sent me to the moon. It was so sweet and such a precious moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment