Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Thursday, August 20, 2009

Gabriella's Final Swim Lesson of the Summer

Today was Gabriella's final swim lesson for the summer. My goal was to help her feel more comfortable in the water and my mission was accomplished. At the beginning of the summer Gabriella wanted no part of going in the pool. Over the course of the weekly lessons Gabriella became more at ease in the water. She now goes into the pool willingly and was even asking for the "water" this morning when she knew she had her lesson.
She was much more participatory during the lessons than she was in the beginning:
She let me hold her under her arms so that her body was in a swimming position and she would kick her legs slightly:
She put her face partially into the water to blow bubbles:
She even "jumped" into the water from the side of the pool:
After their final swim lessons, Gabriella and Ava had a celebratory donut!:

Fall swim lessons commence in the middle of September and we are considering signing Gabriella up again to keep this positive momentum.

No comments:

Post a Comment