Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Dreaming

I have had a bit of insomnia lately and it strikes in the middle of the night. Gabriella is still sleeping in the bed with us; the toddler bed situation only lasted a couple of nights and, to be honest, I really don't mind it! When I awaken in the middle of the night I love to watch Gabriella sleeping and listen to her breathing. Last night, though, for the first time, I heard her talk in her sleep! She said, what sounded like, "Play" twice. It was very funny and I figured she was either dreaming about playing or wanting to play. Tonight she did it again but this time she said, "Play" then what sounded like "Lola" and then what sounded like "Gracie." Lola and Gracie are two of our three dogs and she was probably dreaming about playing with them. It is very funny, entertaining, and enjoyable to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment