Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Sunday, August 23, 2009

Where's Your Diaper?!

It is 10:15 PM and Gabriella JUST fell asleep five minutes ago after giving us a load of entertainment. Anytime after 8 PM is VERY late for my little pumpkin. The ice cream cake just prior to bedtime could have had something to do with her late bedtime; she was WILD tonight! Anyway, we lay down in my bed for bedtime as we normally do. But, Gabriella kept crawling out of bed and going to the living room to see Ken. Ken would then bring her back to bed. This repeated several times and I let it happen because I thought it was funny. After about the third time something made Ken check her diaper to see if she was wet and realized that Gabriella had NO diaper on! At some point during this little game we were playing, she had taken off her diaper! This is the third time this week, by the way, that she has taken off her diaper (she wears a nightgown to bed and can access her diaper easily). The other two times, though, I caught her doing it and quickly stopped it. I thought it was hysterical that she had done this, but I asked her where her diaper was. She just acted silly in response and climbed onto me. Then, she said, "Wet" and pointed to her side of the bed. She had peed in the bed! So I said, "Did you go pee pee in the bed?" and she replied, "I need potty (pronounced "pawy")." I was thinking to myself, "It is a bit too late for that," but instead replied, "Hurry up, let's go potty." She's been sitting on the potty a lot lately, but doesn't do anything in it. After Gabriella was done "pottying," I took off her nightgown to change her and she took this as her cue to run around the house naked. For the next twenty minutes we proceeded to go potty over and over, wash our hands over and over, turn off the bathroom light over and over, and play chase around the house. It was a very entertaining evening, but I learned an important lesson; no sugar near bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment