Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Friday, August 21, 2009

Gabriella the Artist

Gabriella received an easel for her birthday from our cousin, Mary (Thank you, Mary, for the wonderful birthday gift). Today Gabriella finger painted a beautiful masterpiece on her new easel.
She put paint on the canvas...
...and then on her belly...
...and more on the canvas...
...and some more on her belly! She didn't want me to feel left out, so she put some on my shirt as well! Thank goodness for washable paint!
A master at work!:
A beautiful work in progress!:
Putting on the finishing touches!:
As she was painting it I was thinking about the child artists who sell their artwork for big bucks. Any bidders?!

After the painting dried I showed her her work and told her how beautiful it was. She extended her fingers to show me that she made it with her fingers. When Ken got home, we showed him and he also told her how beautiful it was. Again, she extended her fingers to show him that she painted it with her fingers. She was very proud and had a fun time creating her masterpiece!

No comments:

Post a Comment