Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Thursday, June 25, 2009

Wonderful Adoption Storybook Recommendation

This may be of interest to other adoptive families. I found a wonderful storybook that I highly recommend for you to share with your Guatemalan-born children. It is titled, "Sophia Allesandra's Story, Guatemalan Born - American Bound." The author, Mary Beth Wells, placed her first child for adoption and then later adopted a daughter from Guatemala. She founded Precious Doll Company. This book not only shares Sophia's adoption story and journey home, but also celebrates the story of her beautiful country where she was born. I believe this book will help me share Gabriella's own story with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment