Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Friday, June 12, 2009

Half the World Away

Tammy Cochran, a country music star, has a new album coming out on Tuesday (6/16) entitled 30 Something and Single. Tammy had set out to adopt a baby girl from Guatemala, but was sadly caught up in a grueling and complicated adoption scandal. Discouraged but determined, Tammy pursued a second adoption and successfully adopted a now 3-year old boy, Shawn Alan Cochran, from Guatemala who came home in 2007. Tammy wrote the song, "Half The World Away (Shawn’s Song)," while waiting a long two years for her son to come home from Guatemala. You can read more about her story at http://www.tammycochranfans.com/about/. I've not read the lyrics yet nor heard the song, but am anxious to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment