Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Monday, June 22, 2009

Praying for Aviana

A Facebook friend shared a tragic story with me today about another adoptive family that is currently experiencing a complete nightmare. Jennifer and Dave Hodder's Guatemalan-born daughter, Aviana, who is a little over two and a half years old, was struck by a car last Wednesday, June 17, 2009. She suffered severe head trauma and is currently in an induced coma. I am reading Jennifer's blog and crying like a blubbering fool. What a horrific nightmare. I smooched Gabriella extra hard tonight. Just as I experienced during my car accident in January 2008, you never know what tomorrow will bring. My heart and prayers go out to the Hodder family. Please pray for Aviana.

Pictures of precious Aviana:

No comments:

Post a Comment