Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Sunday, August 3, 2008

Tomorrow is Gabby's Big Day

Tomorrow is Gabby's big day - her first birthday. We helped N. arrange a birthday party for Gabriella and today N. was having the party. I think about Gabriella often every day, but today, especially, I have been thinking of her and of her having fun at her first birthday party. I was wishing that I was there or that there was a way that I could have listened in to the party via phone at least. I keep checking my e-mail for photos of the party but have not received any yet. I am longing for any type of connection to celebrate her first birthday with her. The date that she will be home, though, is getting close - very close. It is going to happen and I just have to keep that thought in the forefront of my mind to help me through these final crazy weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment