Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Thursday, August 21, 2008

Information on the Final Interview at the US Embassy

I think I have officially harassed everybody associated with Guatemalan adoptions and my name is probably on the "WATCH OUT" list in every office in Guatemala! My philosophy with this adoption has become one of a ruthless nature, and it involves begging, cheating, and stealing! Not literally, of course, but I am certainly not above begging! The maternal instincts have kicked in on full gear and I want my daughter home and will do what I need to do to get this accomplished.

I just got off the phone with the US Embassy in Guatemala! I told them that they would be receiving my 2nd DNA results on Monday and I know that when booking appointments they probably allow time for the families to travel to the appointment. I told them that I would be willing to travel the end of next week if they could book the appointment for then. They informed me that they only have appointments on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. I asked if they could book my appointment for Wednesday and they said it would not allow them enough time to receive the DNA results and process them, that that takes at least one day. They said they are booking one week out from receipt of the 2nd DNA results. So, more than likely, my appointment will be sometime during the week of September 1st. I probably will know the date on Tuesday or Wednesday. Oh well, I tried!

No comments:

Post a Comment