Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Monday, August 4, 2008

Gabriella's First Birthday Party

I received photos from Gabriella's birthday party which was yesterday. The theme was Dora which is the same theme I would have chosen for her!

There was a photo of Gabriella and I on her cake. The guests at the party were commenting on how much Gabriella and I look alike.
They had 2 piƱatas - one for the older kids and one for the babies.
There were two other babies who are being adopted, in addition to Gabriella and Evan, at the party. They had a crawling race! Evan won! I hadn't even realized that Gabriella had learned to crawl. N. says that she is crawling and pulling herself up to a standing position.
The banner in the background translates to "Year of Sanctity"
It looked like she enjoyed her first bite of cake...
...but then something upset her.
It looks like the presents were her favorite part of the day! N. said that she was tightening up her whole body and sticking out her tongue because she was so excited by all of the presents!

No comments:

Post a Comment