Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Gabby's Passport is Complete!

N.'s appointment this morning at the Embassy was for Gabriella's passport photo. They waited for the photo and received the completed passport!

The final step now is the 2nd DNA test. I have to wait for an "Orange" slip from the Embassy giving permission to take the 2nd DNA test. After the results of the 2nd DNA test are received by the Embassy, they will issue a "Pink" slip with our final interview appointment - this is when I will go to pick her up. We are getting so close...!

N. said that Gabby was very quiet today, as if she knew something were happening. I get so sad when I hear that. N. has been crying during each of our recent conversations because they are going to miss Gabriella immensely. I promised that we would always have a relationship with them; their family is part of my family now. N. asked if they could come to the airport with us when we leave and I agreed. Saying goodbye is going to be so hard for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment