Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Monday, August 4, 2008

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY GABRIELLA!

Happy Birthday Gabriella!

My friend Geovani, who lives in Guatemala, purchased cards, translated birthday wishes from my mother and I, and mailed them to Gabriella for her birthday. We have met so many wonderful friends in Guatemala and I am so thankful for them.

This is what I wrote in the card that I had sent to Gabreilla:
Happy 1st Birthday baby girl! Mommy loves you so much and wishes she could be with you to celebrate. You are such a special and amazing little girl and I am so blessed that you are my daughter. You have so many people who love you like crazy. Everybody is waiting for you and can’t wait for you to be home. We have a big party planned for you when you come home. Have a great time at your party and have a wonderful birthday! Eat lots of cake and enjoy your special day!
I love you lots
Hugs and kisses
Love, Mommy

This is what my mother wrote in the card that she had sent to Gabreilla:
Happy Birthday to my special girl. I am very sad that mom and I cannot celebrate your first birthday with you in Guatemala. I am very happy, though, that your wonderful family who cared for you for your first year will be celebrating your first birthday with you. Remember how much we love you. Grampy and I are counting down the days until you come home.
Happy, Happy Birthday
Love, Grammy and Grampy

No comments:

Post a Comment