Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Wednesday, August 13, 2008

If It Can Go Wrong, It Will

So apparently the doctor used an old air bill, so the package was destined for the wrong address. When the lab moved, the doctor was supposed to have destroyed the old air bills with the old address, but apparently did not. Me and Gabriella were the ones to discover this issue; lucky us! The DNA company has been a real pleasure to work with, though. They were on top of the problem even before I called them. They were able to track down the package and get it re-shipped to the correct address. Now, the DNA sample will not get to the lab until FRIDAY or MONDAY at the latest to begin processing. So, this sets us back exactly one week from when the sample should have gotten there if we had not encountered problems along the way. The DNA step should have been the simplest, stress-free step, but I think it has been the step in the process that has caused me the most anxiety so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment