Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Temper, Temper

Gabriella has a bad habit of having to go to bed with a drink (I know, I know) but to save her teeth we try to give her water at bedtime. Last night, Gabriella woke up in the middle of the night and took her sippy cup, woke Ken and me up, and stated, "I need more," which meant she wanted something to drink other than water. Ken replied, "You have water, drink your water." That response was not acceptable to Gabriella so she whacked Ken off the side of the head with the sippy cup and then flung the sippy cup across the room! I was in shock and my brain was not processing the events quick enough to really comprehend what had just happened! I did verbally discipline her, but do not know how effective it was because disciplining in the middle of the night when you are half asleep is not easy. She has been throwing stuff lately when she is angry and her temper is strongly evident. My major parenting task right now is helping Gabriella control her temper when she gets angry. My little stinker butt!

No comments:

Post a Comment