Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The BEST Job

Being laid off from my job (February 4, 2009) was very scary, it was such a loss that I had to "heal" from. I have always been an overachiever, a perfectionist, and have always defined myself by my achievements. My main goal through my twenties was getting as far as I could in business. Then, Gabriella came home AND I lost my job. What a combination, an especially scary one! But, boy, do I realize now, in actuality, what a blessing in disguise being laid off has been! I have been able to completely focus on my daughter and completely dedicate myself to being her mommy and that is fabulous. She has helped me put my life and my priorities into perspective. I believe that God has a plan for everybody. While it was happening, "His plan" didn't feel so good, but I wouldn't change ANYTHING about the series of events that have transpired this year. Being Gabriella's mommy is the best job in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment