Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Early Intervention Re-Assessment

It has been six months since Gabriella tested out of Early Intervention. I had requested a six month re-evaluation to ensure that Gabriella was staying on track with her development. Gabriella had her assessment today. Gabriella tested above age range for Cognition and Social Emotional, she tested at age range for Fine Motor and Self Care, and she tested ever-so slightly below age range for Expressive Language, Receptive Language, and Gross Motor. These delays were caused because she was not exposed to the English language until she was thirteen months and she was not walking until she was eighteen months. Her main opportunities are for speech and proper pronunciations. For example, instead of saying "Please," Gabriella says "Cheese" and she calls herself "Daby" instead of "Gabby." She did not qualify for Early Intervention services which, again, was bittersweet. It is great that she is on par developmentally, but the extra help is wonderful. She will be participating in a Speech class led by a Speech and Language Pathologist, so that should be very helpful. The Early Intervention assessors complimented Gabriella on her intelligence (she is very, very intelligent, if I do say so myself!), her memory, and her tolerance and patience during the "testing." I am so proud of Gabriella and so proud to be her mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment