Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Saturday, October 24, 2009

Hitting

Gabriella and I have been working on a little problem together. Gabriella sometimes has difficulty keeping her hands to herself. The hitting is triggered by her temper, she doesn't yet quite know how to deal with strong emotion and simply lashes out in response to her feelings. She knows hitting is wrong and sometimes even catches herself mid-act and stops herself just before she actually hits. Yesterday, Gabriella was staying with my mother for a couple hours while I was running errands. When I arrived to pick Gabriella up, the first words out of her mouth, even before a greeting, were, "I hit" and pointed to my mother. She tattled on herself because she knew it was not a nice thing to do. Looks like we still have lots of work to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment