Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I a peep, I a poop!

Last week after Gabriella woke up she wanted to sit on the potty. I took off her diaper but left her nightgown on. She sat on the potty, didn't do anything in it, and then got up. So, we both left the bathroom; she still had no diaper on, just her nightgown. I went into her bedroom to get her an outfit and she was in the hallway. Then she said, "Mama, I a peep." I looked and sure enough, Gabriella was urinating on the floor and the urine was puddling around her feet! It was one of those moments that I think I will remember forever!

This week she has started trying a new "trick" at bedtime, also related to bathroom movements! If I am trying to put her down for bed and she is trying to stall me, she will say, "Mama, I a poop. See?" and then turn her bottom to me so that I can look in her diaper. There is no poop in her diaper, but she thinks that this will stall her bedtime routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment