Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Thursday, December 18, 2008

She's Feeling Better and I'm Home

So, as you know from my last post, Gabriella had a stool sample that tested positive for a bacteria. The bacteria is Clostridium Difficile or C. Diff and causes antibiotic-associated diarrhea. She began treatment on Monday with Metronidazole. She seems to be feeling much better, less fussy, and we have not had any major episodes of diarrhea like we had been battling with for several weeks.

I, on the other hand, feel completely wiped out! My job requires business travel but I have not gone on any business trips since January due to the injuries associated with my auto accident that month. I had to, however, go on my first business trip since January on Monday afternoon. It was only for two nights and it was only to New Jersey, but it was so difficult having to be away from Gabriella, and even harder being away from her with my concerns for all of her recent health issues. Ken, my parents, and Ken's mother held down the forts tremendously and Gabriella did not even seem phased when she woke up and saw me this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment