Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Sunday, December 21, 2008

Gabriella HATES the Snow!

It began snowing here in Massachusetts on Friday at about 2:00 PM and pretty much has not stopped since. We showed Gabriella the snow from inside the house, but she did not act very enthused. She did, though, enjoy picking up the tiny snowballs that the dogs tracked into the house after they came in from the outside. She enjoyed holding the snow until it melted and looked at the remaining water in amazement. We decided to take her outside to play in it yesterday afternoon. The minute we began bundling her up, she started to look unhappy!:
We only got one glimpse of a smile from her...:
...but that was the only smile we saw while she was in the snow! The remainder of her facial expressions indicated thoughts such as, "Why on earth do you have me outside in the cold when we have a nice warm house only a few feet away?!"
"Are we having fun yet?"
"I can't move my hands in these stupid mittens, but even if I could, do you actually think I would want to touch that stuff?!"
"They didn't have this stuff in Guatemala and I preferred it that way!"

I am sure that she will enjoy the snow better next year, especially when she is more mobile and when she can understand what the strange white stuff falling from the sky is.

No comments:

Post a Comment