Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Friday, December 12, 2008

Feeling Better

It has officially been a full 24 hours with no medical issues! The vomiting and diarrhea have completely ended. The vomiting ended after we left the hospital and the diarrhea continued through 3:00 AM last night. She is back to being full of life as opposed to the limp, weak little girl from 48 hours ago. We kept her on clear liquids and minimal foods all day yesterday. She had stopped drinking Pedialyte, and though not ideal for a baby, we had switched her to Gatorade. So, her diet yesterday consisted of Gatorade, dry Cheerios, Saltine crackers, apple sauce and a banana. We are going to slowly add more options to her diet tomorrow. Ken and I are complete wiped out and Gabriella cannot afford to lose anymore weight, so we are being extremely cautious.

No comments:

Post a Comment