Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Santa

I took Gabriella to see Santa tonight. Santa was walking around the picture studio and I was sitting with Gabriella and pointing Santa out to her so that she could acclimate to the big man in the red suit. I was amazed that she was just looking at him and really showing no emotion. She certainly was not scared and I couldn't believe it. I called my mother and Ken from the studio and proudly shared how she was not scared. Well...that all changed once we went into the portrait room with Santa. She immediately started crying and clung on to me. Santa tried giving Gabriella a lollipop and that calmed Gabriella down but she would not take the lollipop from Santa, wouldn't touch him, and certainly wouldn't sit with him. We were able to distract Gabriella, though, while Santa snuck in the back and hid behind the Christmas tree. This was the shot we got!:

No comments:

Post a Comment