Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Friday, July 18, 2008

More Birth Certificate Drama

I called my lawyer's office today to get an update on Gabriella's birth certificate. More bad news... Her file was kicked-out for three "mistakes" that need to be corrected - extremely irrelevant, nit-picky, ridiculous "mistakes", if I may add. The "mistakes" are as follows:
  1. A notary, who has a hyphenated last name, was missing a hyphen in the spelling of his name on one form.
  2. They claimed that the date the adoption process began was missing on one paper/form. The date was actually there, but they want it to be written like a title on the paper/form.
  3. It said "notary" next to a social worker's name. Since the social worker is not a lawyer, the title "notary" has to be changed to "social worker."

UNBELIEVABLE, right?! So, a baby who is loved more than life itself, is delayed again, even if only by a few days, from uniting with her forever family, for nonsensical reasons. It makes absolutely no sense to me. The sadder thing, though, is that there are hundreds of kids waiting to unite with their forever families but are being delayed, much longer than Gabriella has been delayed, for stupid reasons just like these. It is down-right pathetic and sad.

The lawyer promised that the file would be corrected and re-submitted on Monday and he promised that we would have our birth certificate on Tuesday. I pray this is the case. I worry, though, especially after reading another post on an adoption forum yesterday that another family finally got their Mixco birth certificate after waiting for 6.5 MONTHS!

No comments:

Post a Comment