Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Monday, July 28, 2008

Call to Gabriella's Foster Family

I spoke to N. this evening about planning a birthday party for Gabriella. Evan's birthday party was yesterday and N. said that Gabriella had a great time. Gabriella enjoyed the cake and hitting the piƱata. N. said that they will be sending me photos from the party, but have not done so yet because they are having a blackout and do not have electricity.

N. said that Gabriella is trying to walk and tries to back herself off of the bed now. N. put Gabriella on the phone and Gabriella was laughing and babbling. I think she recognized my voice.

N. said that last week when they had to bring Gabriella to the lawyer's office for photos they followed the same routine that they normally follow prior to dropping her off to me when I visit - they took an early morning bath, got dressed up, etc. So Gabriella must have thought that she was leaving N.'s home and coming to me and she got very quiet and sad. When they arrived back home Gabriella's mood became happier. When I heard this I got really sad, because I realize how much Gabriella is aware of and how confused she must be. My heart breaks for her confusion. I cannot wait for her to be home so that she can have consistency and stability.

No comments:

Post a Comment