Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Thursday, July 10, 2008

Birth Certificate "Update"

So I received an e-mail from my adoption agency late last night stating that the attorney's office "submitted the petition for the new birth certificate to Mixco today" (Mixco, Guatemala is where Gabriella was born and that is where her birth certificate is coming from). TODAY?! The office told me it was submitted last week. Who is telling the truth, who has their facts straight, who do I believe? These have been the questions throughout this entire process. Needless to say, I will be calling the attorney's office today to try to get a straight answer. The agency's e-mail also said that "they" (who they are, I am not quite sure - the attorney's office or other Guatemalan adoption professionals?) "are saying 30 days to receive the new birth certificate but there are reports that Mixco could take longer." Mixco has a reputation for taking a very long time for birth certificates. I am aware of some cases that have taken months, some have been waiting since January, but I was assured by the attorney's office that this would not be the case for Gabriella's birth certificate. I guess we'll see and all I can do is make phone calls and pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment