Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Friday, July 11, 2008

Gabriella's Post-Trip Update

Gia and I spoke to N. this evening. She said that Gabriella cried after my mother and I left and that she would not let anybody hold her except for D., not even N.! When D. would leave for work, he would have to sneak out so that Gabriella would not see him leave. Gabriella would then look out the window for him throughout the day. N. said that Gabriella is more content now and said that Gabriella is allowing other people to hold her now. My heart breaks for her. She really needs to be home now and in a consistent setting. It is just not fair to her.

N. said that Gabriella feels jealous when people pay attention to Alejandra Gabriella, S.'s and D.'s baby, so they always address Gabriella first so that she does not feel as jealous. S. said that she hopes I do not adopt another baby because Gabriella will be jealous! I assured them that I was not anxious to feel the stress that I've experienced during this process again anytime soon! As thankful as I am to have Gabriella in my life and as much as I think adoption is such a miracle, I certainly need time to recuperate from this one!

Gabriella has a bit of a cold again. N. said that it has been really cool and rainy in Guatemala and that is probably why she has the cold. I am especially anxious to get her here and have her seen by her pediatrician to figure out why she gets so many colds, though.

Gabriella is wearing her 18 month clothes now. The 12 month clothes fit in the length but are too tight around her arms and thighs! (another trait that Mommy and Gabby have in common!)

N. said that she looks at both Gabriella and Evan and cannot believe how much they've changed and grown in one year. N. said that she was happy that she and her family would be able to celebrate their first birthdays with both of them. (I certainly did not tell her that I was as jealous as can be!)

No comments:

Post a Comment