Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Monday, January 5, 2009

Gabriella's First Day in the Toddler Classroom

Gabriella officially transitioned into the toddler classroom today from the infant room. It was a very scary day for mommy but Gabriella apparently loved it! I couldn't sleep the entire night because the wheels in my head were spinning and I ended up laying awake all night! I had three main concerns. She is not walking 100% of the time and I was concerned that the other children would step on her little hands while she was crawling. She can self-feed but has never eaten out of a high chair or without assistance. She has always either slept in a bed with an adult next to her, in her Pack-and-Play, or in a crib at school; she has never slept on a nap mat and I was worried about how she would do at nap time. Even though it is my mom's daycare, I sent a detailed letter to her teacher with all of my concerns and instructions.

Ken dropped her off this morning and said that she seemed very happy in the new room. He said she was smiling and laughing. My mother also said she did well. She did a project at school and they hung it from the ceiling. My mother said that Gabriella pointed to it to show her! As expected, she would not stay on the nap mat and she did not nap. She had fun playing in the "housekeeping area" and my cousin Stephanie took these photos of her playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment