Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Thursday, November 6, 2008

"Mama", First Aid & CPR, and Gabriella's First School Photos

The night before last, Tuesday night, Gabriella finally said "mama". She repeated it several times, and I was so proud. The next morning, though, I tried to get her to say it again but, to my disappointment, she has not said it again since Tuesday night.

Last night Ken and I took five hours of Pediatric First Aid and CPR. We hope we never have to use it but, now that we are responsible for a precious little life, we felt we had to learn it. He and I were the only two in the First Aid portion of the class, so I felt free to ask lots of questions. I most fear choking, but feel like I am equipped to handle it better than I was before the class. It got us thinking of things we hadn't previously considered, like putting an emergency phone number list next to the phone with the number for poison control, her pediatrician, our numbers, etc. They also suggested not keeping antibiotic cream in our first aid kit since Gabriella is allergic to Penicillin and may have a reaction to an antibiotic cream. Great tips. Ken and I are now "certified" in both First Aid and CPR for two years.

Gabriella's first school photos were taken today at her day care. They took individual picture as well as a class picture. She was so precious in a cute red jumper but, wouldn't you know, another little girl in her class was wearing the same exact dress. What is the probability of that? I don't dare say out loud who looked cuter in the dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment