Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Thursday, November 27, 2008

Gabriella's First Thanksgiving

Since they obviously do not celebrate Thanksgiving in Guatemala, today was Gabriella's first Thanksgiving celebration.
She had been sick with the stomach bug since Sunday, but today she did not have any stomach issues so she was able to eat her first Thanksgiving dinner.
She enjoyed being entertained while standing on the dinner table!:
Somehow Gabriella has mastered stairs and is very proud of it. The first time we realized she knew how to navigate stairs was during our trip to Maine. She demonstrated her skills proudly today!:
She took a three hour nap in the afternoon and then woke up with a fever of 102! We gave her Tylenol and her fever quickly came down and she was acting like herself again. I am very concerned, though, as to why she keeps spiking fevers and will be addressing it with her doctor.
The MagnaDoodle is one of the greatest toys! Gabriella eats crayons and other writing utensils, but because the writing wand is tethered on the MagnaDoodle, it rarely goes into her mouth.:
"Everyone is thankful for me." Isn't that the truth?!
In the early evening she enjoyed pumpkin pie and custard pie.

With Gabriella, this Thanksgiving was so much more special than Thanksgivings past. My life is so blessed with Gabriella and she gives me so much to be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of our family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment