Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Sunday, October 5, 2008

Weekend in Maine

Gabriella, Ken, Ken's Mother Kathy, and I spent the weekend at my cousin Henry's beach house in Maine. This makes Maine the first state that Gabriella has visited (aside from Massachusetts, of course ). This was also Gabriella's first time seeing the ocean and a beach. We had an excellent weekend.
It was a bit chilly and being a first time mom I was paranoid that she was too cold, so I put her winter coat on her with mittens...and then quickly realized it was overkill
Gabriella and cousin Henry
Gabriella napping in a seaside hammock with Tia Abuela Trisha
Gabriella being silly while she is eating
This was the first time Gabriella navigated stairs. It took a lot of effort to make it up the twelve stairs, but she was very proud of her accomplishment and we were sure to cheer her on!
Napping with Grandma Floyd
Gabriella is getting very good at walking while only holding on with one hand
She wasn't too sure about the feeling of the sand

No comments:

Post a Comment