Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Gabriella's New Word

In Guatemala Gabriella was saying "dada", "no" pronounced "nah", and "yeah" which I believe is yes to her because she shakes her head up and down while she says it. Last night she said "Lola" for the first time! Lola is our puppy. Gabriella heard me say "Lola" and then copied me. She continued to say it a few more times last night and many times this morning. It is so cute to hear. This is her first word in the US! It would have been nice if that word were "mama," but we are still working on that one!

On other news, we received her social security number last night which is pretty exciting. I have not started the re-adoption proceedings yet as I am still waiting on the social worker to schedule our first visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment