Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Friday, October 10, 2008

Gabriella's First School Injury

Gabriella received her first school injury yesterday. Isaiah, the same little boy that pulled her bow out on the first day that I left her at day care and made her cry, scratched Gabriella's face on the right side of her nose. Miss Lisa immediately picked her up and Gabriella was apparently not very upset by what had happened. I think Ken and I are more upset than she was! Ken and I decided that we are going to have to start to teach Gabriella some self defense moves!

Gabriella's main interactions in Guatemala were with babies, so interacting with kids her age is fairly new. It was funny to see Gabriella's surprise when I was visiting her at day care one day and she was sitting on my lap on the floor and Chloe came toward us to crawl on my lap and tried pushing Gabriella out of the way. Gabriella didn't know what to do and had a taken-aback look on her face.

The note yesterday from Miss Lisa on Gabriella's daily day care report said that Gabriella had a good day and the other children are interacting well with her. That certainly was a better note than the one I received last week that said, "I bit Miss Lisa today!"

I put two pigtails in Gabriella's hair this morning with little ladybug barrettes. She looked so cute. Notice the scratch on her nose in these photos...!

1 comment:

  1. Well, at least there's someone else to blame! Charlie runs at full blast and smacks right into things or takes a tumble very often. He ends up with so many bumps, scratches, and bruises that it looks like he went 9 rounds with baby Rocky.

    ReplyDelete