Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Saturday, May 17, 2008

PGN Update...It was ALMOST good news!

As I posted in a previous blog there is a new Attorney General and Sub Attorney General in PGN. We were expecting delays and changes in the PGN review process as a result of these new assignments. One of the major changes is that birth mothers have to be interviewed at PGN, with the baby and foster mother (even thought this is already completed during a step prior in the process at Family Court). It was not known whether all birth mothers would be interviewed, or just some. Even though I have not seen an official announcement, I believe all birth mothers are being interviewed. This is a really daunting task since there are thousands of cases in PGN. Also, there are some cases in which birth mothers can no longer be found. I have no idea what will happen in these cases.

On Friday, May 9th, the lawyer's daughter told me that cases that entered PGN in February were having their interviews that week. Based on this fact, I was estimating a delay of a few weeks to a month or more before an interview would be scheduled for Gabriella's case. BUT...I was told on Tuesday, May 13th that Gabriella's appointment was scheduled for the next day and that they would pick Gabriella up from the hotel the next morning for her interview! I was excited beyond belief. On Wednesday morning I got Gabriella ready in a special dress and dressed myself in a suit just in case they let me join them. Then I found out that the appointment was cancelled because the it was too short of a notice and her birth mother was not able to make it all the way to Guatemala City with such short notice. Another disappointment...

I am waiting for the appointment to be rescheduled and am praying that it happens soon. I, of course, will post any new advancements to this blog as they happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment