Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Call to Gabriella's Foster Family

Gia and I spoke to N. this evening for the first time, officially, since my return from Guatemala. I spoke to her a couple of other times, just her and I, but the conversation is very difficult and not very productive since she doesn't speak English and my Spanish is extremely elementary. I certainly wish I studied harder during my five years of Spanish in school! N. feels very comfortable speaking with Gia and I, but doesn't feel as comfortable speaking to me through other translators.

N. said that when Gabriella returned to their home after leaving me she was very serious and did not smile or laugh like normal. N. said that Gabriella receives a lot of love from me when we are together and that she misses me when I leave. Whether that is true or not, it makes me feel good! She said that she quickly re-acclimated, though. Visit trips must be extremely confusing for Gabriella. A strange lady takes her from the only family she has ever know, keeps her in a strange hotel for a week with unfamiliar sounds and smells, she gets used to the strange lady, then the strange lady gives her back to her family. I cannot wait until the trip to Guatemala when I do not have to give her back and she can acclimate and bond once and finally.

N. said that Gabriella loves her walker. I had previously bought her a stationary activity center, but she loves being able to move around in the walker. N. said that now that Gabriella is mobile in the walker she reaches for everything and that magazines no longer stay on the coffee table!

N. said that Gabriella's cold is better but she still has a bit of a cough.

N. said that, like me, she has not heard anything about the PGN interview being rescheduled. I am praying that I will be able to post some good news about the PGN interview later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment