Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Thursday, December 17, 2009

School Christmas Party

Since I have been home from work, I have been cherishing my time with Gabriella and have not been sending her in to school. Not knowing that today was the school's Christmas party and class's Christmas performance, for the first time since the summer I sent Gabriella in to school to play for a little while. If I knew of these festivities I would definitely have sent her in with Christmas attire on, but I had no idea.

The kids sang and danced for their parents. Gabriella is not shy and performed along with the children even though she had not previously rehearsed with them!

The children wore reindeer hats, but Gabriella was not interested in wearing hers at school. She did, however, model it for me tonight and the hat slid right over her eyes!
After the performance and before snack, Gabriella snuck off to the corner to read a book...:
...and then had a visitor!:
This kid's got good taste in girls! Gabriella was extremely uninterested in the attention and I LOVED how she just turned her head! Hopefully this disinterest in boys will remain in tact until she is forty!:
She's my girl!:
After her quiet time, Gabriella joined in for a Christmas snack feast with the class!:

No comments:

Post a Comment