Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Friday, December 18, 2009

Enchanted Village

Grammy and I took Gabriella and Isabella to see the Enchanted Village at Jordan's Furniture in Avon, MA and we loved it! It was very cute and is definitely a Christmastime activity that I hope we will do every year.
Enchanted Village is a holiday display with 28 holiday scenes and 250 animated figures. It was originally created in 1958 for the Jordan Marsh Company. The display was originally displayed in Jordan Marsh's Downtown Crossing store in Boston until 1972. It remained closed from 1972 until 1990. Then, in 1998, when Macy’s purchased Jordan Marsh, the display was sold to the City of Boston for a City Hall Plaza display. In 2003, the display was moved to the Hynes Convention Center and by 2006, Boston stopped displaying The Enchanted Village altogether. In 2009, the Village was put up for auction and Jordan’s Furniture purchased and restored it. The display now includes 18 holiday scenes and 59 animated figurines.
We even saw Elliott of Jordan's Furniture and I felt like we saw a celebrity! Of course, I had to take a picture!

After seeing the beautiful holiday scenes, we saw a laser light show set to Christmas music that was pretty cool as well. We are already looking forward to doing this again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment