Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Gabriella's First Movie

Gabriella saw her first movie today. She saw Disney's, "The Princess and the Frog" with me and Grammy and cousins Andrew and Isabella. The fact that her first movie was the one in which Disney introduced it's first black princess was very momentous to me. Gabriella was immediately engaged once the previews started rolling and this continued for the beginning portion of the movie, but then her attention span rapidly depleted which I was not unprepared for. She spent a bit of time fooling around with Isabella and playing in the empty row of seats behind us. I let her expend a bit of her energy and then reeled her back in to watch the rest of the movie. She did well through the remainder of the movie. The large container of popcorn was a very welcome added bonus for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment