Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Sunday, December 6, 2009

Cinderella's Christmas

Today we went to see "Cinderella's Christmas" at the Wilbur Theatre in Boston. It was a fun day with good company. We went with Grammy, Aunt Gira, Cousin Stephanie, and Cousin Bella. The show, on the other hand, was pretty bad.

The show contained "humor" that was inappropriate for children (even though it was supposed to be a show for children) and "violence". We were expecting a girly, Christmas-themed, princess show, but got the opposite. The two "step-sisters" were calling each other "fat pig" and saying things like "I'll kick you in the head." They were physically fighting; screeching at one another in really high, shrill voices; and their microphone volume was much too high. Within 5 minutes of the show starting, Gabriella started crying and wanted to leave. She said, "Home. Car." I immediately took her out of the theatre and when we got out she said, "Bella." She was nervous that Bella was still in the theatre. It was very sweet. Gabriella and I stood outside the entrance to the theatre during the performance and walked in to watch the parts that the "step-sisters" were not in.

I LOVE theatrical shows and Gabriella has enjoyed every other show that I've brought her to. She sits intently and pays close attention. I was most angered by this show because I was nervous that Gabriella would have a negative association with theatre performances going forward.

Following are pictures from our day.

On our way:

In the elevator:
Today was Auntie Gira's birthday so we had a birthday lunch at Maggiano's prior to the show.:
Isabella and Gabriella being silly!:
Auntie Gira bought the girls light-up butterflies:
Gabriella enjoyed a cookie at intermission. She was licking the sugar sprinkles off the top!:
The two scary, evil step-sisters, who ruined the show, are on the right!:

Despite the inappropriateness of the show, we enjoyed spending the day in good company with family. Happy Birthday, Aunt Gira!

No comments:

Post a Comment