Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Wednesday, April 9, 2008

PGN Update

PGN is not currently approving many cases, if any at all. According to the news that I've heard, cases are not coming out of PGN because Guatemalan President Colom wants the head of PGN to resign, but he does not want to resign. As a result, Barrios, the PGN attorney who signs all cases to release them from PGN, is delaying signing outs; therefore, no final signatures.
It is suggested that we contact the US Embassy in Guatemala to put pressure on PGN and the President.

I am amazed that I have hit so many snags. It seems like if a change or delay arises at a step in the Guatemalan adoption process, my case enters that step at that time! As frustrated as I get, though, I have a lot to be thankful for, like an amazing foster mother who is taking wonderful care of Gabriella. As an example, last night I received an e-mail from a lady who is adopting a baby girl born on the same day as Gabriella. She stated that the DNA test was finally done on February 27 and she is now waiting for Preapproval. She got photos on Friday, like I did, and noticed a strange woman holding her baby. She e-mailed her agency and her agency called the lady on Monday to say that her baby's foster family was changed! I get so frustrated with how slowly my case is moving, but I can't imagine not having the peace of mind of having the same wonderful foster mother, N., care for Gabriella. I just can't imagine it.

Please pray that PGN outs start again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment