Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Fourth Call to Gabriella's Foster Family

Gia and I spoke to Gabriella's foster mother's daughter, S., this evening. Gabriella had her monthly doctor visit this past Thursday, October 4th. She weighed 9 pounds! I knew from her pictures that she was finally gaining weight, but I was relieved to hear the number. She had a stuffy nose and could not get the shots she was due for, but has to go back on Friday for them so long as her congestion has cleared. S. said that she looks at the photos of me that I sent to her. She said that Gabriella is trying to "talk". It is great to hear that she is interacting more.

No comments:

Post a Comment