Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Another Update on the Paperchase

I thought I was going to have exciting news to post tonight, but it turned out to not entirely be the case. I thought I was going to be able to share that my paperwork part of the adoption process was done, but I am not quite there yet.

We had a Manufacturing Recognition event over the past two days at the Quincy Marriott and I knew that recreational activities were planned for this afternoon. We could choose from Golf, a Duck Tour in Boston, or a Tour of the Freedom Trail. Since my Homestudy was completed, approved, signed, and notarized and my paperwork collection was complete, I opted to skip out on the afternoon events to pick up my Homestudy, get my documents State Certified (or Apostilled), drop a copy of my Homestudy off at the Immigration office to complete my I-600A application, and then take the Certified packet to the Consulate of Guatemala in Providence for approval. Once I receive the Consulate's approval I can turn the packet in to my adoption agency and wait for a referral of a baby!!!

It turns out that my plan was a bit too aggressive, though, because I was not able to make it to Providence. I did, however, pick up my Homestudy, get my documents State Certified and make it to the Immigration office to complete my I-600A application. Following is a picture of my State Certified packet which I will be hand delivering to the Consulate of Guatemala in Providence tomorrow morning at 9:00 AM. They have a one business day turn around and I will be giving them a prepaid Next Day UPS envelope so, God willing, I will have an Approved Dossier on Thursday morning and my Adoption Agency will receive it on Friday morning.The Office of the Secretary of the Commonwealth was not happy when I arrived today with 23 documents that I needed them to certify. They tried to send me away and asked me to come back tomorrow to pick them up. I begged and two hours later they were ready!

This trip into Boston was a bit easier than last week's trip because my father picked me up from the Marriott, drove me to Waltham to pick up my Homestudy, drove me to the Office of the Secretary of the Commonwealth, directed me to the Immigration Office from the Office of the Secretary of the Commonwealth, and then returned me to the Marriott. This saved me from having to find parking and getting lost! He's the best! Thanks Dad!

Say a prayer that I can share the news with you tomorrow that the paperwork part of this journey is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment