Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Saturday, July 14, 2007

Baby Cupcake!

My 5 year old cousin, Andrew, knows that I will be having a baby and he knows that she will not be coming from my belly, that she will be coming from Guatemala or “Gualemala” as he says it. I asked Andrew what I should name the baby. He thought about it and suggested “Gracie” but I told him that it would not be very nice to name her the same name as my dog. He then suggested “Grace Grace” which is our nickname for Gracie. I told him that wouldn’t work either. He though about it again and proudly suggested “Cupcake.” I told him that was a great name and I would think about it!

The next day Andrew was with my parents and saw an airplane. He shouted, “There’s Melissa.” My mom asked him where Melissa was going and he replied, “She’s going to Gualemala to pick up Cupcake!”

I’ve decided on a name but it won’t be Cupcake! She will be named Gabriella and I will keep her birth name as her middle name. Gabriella is Hebrew in origin and means, "God is my strength."

No comments:

Post a Comment